Danya International Confirms Acquisition by DLH Holdings Corp.
Silver Spring, Maryland (May 3, 2016)—Danya International, Inc. (Danya), a communications, research, and technology company, confirms acquisition by Atlanta-based healthcare and medical logistics contractor DLH Holdings Corp. DLH, a publicly traded company, is a leading provider of innovative healthcare services and solutions to Federal agencies. For the last more than 20 years, they have focused their services primarily on serving Veterans' and Defense agencies, helping to support those who serve and have served our country and national security.
In a company announcement released this morning, Danya founder and CEO Dr. Jeff Hoffman wrote:
It is with great pride that I announce the beginning of a new chapter in Danya’s history. While this moment is bittersweet, I am pleased to share with you that Danya International, the company that each of you and many other previous employees have helped grow and provide superior service for the past 20 years, will now be a part of the DLH family. Effective immediately, by way of acquisition, Danya will become a subsidiary of DLH Holdings Corp., to be known now as DLH-Danya.
DLH President and CEO Zachary Parker said of the acquisition, "We view the addition of Danya as transformative for DLH as it significantly enhances our capabilities and enables us to achieve multiple objectives of our growth plan. The combination of these two companies creates a nationally recognized provider of technology-enabled solutions to the Federal Government. Their capabilities include managing, monitoring, and supporting large-scale healthcare and human services programs across the continuum of care and case management. From a strategic standpoint, this acquisition supports our growth strategy, which calls for the expansion and diversification of our contract portfolio through both organic growth and acquisitions. This transaction combines two highly complementary businesses with common core capabilities. Further, Danya’s technological capabilities have immediate applications within DLH’s current and future engagements, and support our expansive organic growth opportunities."
Strategic benefits of this transaction include:
- Expansion of business in current and adjacent Federal agencies—Danya's customers and capabilities are highly complementary to DLH’s existing work with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The combined entity is a pure-play, technology-enabled government healthcare and human services company with a customer base including four of the largest government health agencies.
- Enhancement of DLH's growth in national priority, mission-critical programs—DLH’s flagship contracts supporting all seven of VA's Consolidated Mail Outpatient Pharmacy locations are mission-critical, ensuring that our nation's veterans receive prescriptions in a timely and accurate manner. Similarly, Danya’s monitoring and evaluation services to the Office of Head Start are critical to ensure educational, health, and social standards are being achieved in an effort to ensure school readiness for underprivileged children. Danya complements DLH's services with significant operational synergies that we expect will serve the existing customer base along with expanding the base to additional government agencies.
- Acceleration of DLH's strategic initiatives—Danya's public health expertise with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the U.S. Navy enhances DLH’s advancement in key areas:
- Medication adherence and medication therapy management solutions
- Telehealth research and service offerings to the Department of Defense and Federal civilian agencies
- Health information technology and information systems solutions and services
- Case management system solutions and services
About Danya International, Inc.
Danya International is a privately held company founded in 1996 by Dr. Jeff Hoffman and is headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland. Danya has been a leader in providing evidence-based health and education technology-enabled solutions to communities across the globe. The company has won more than 150 contracts and grants that have allowed them to make a difference through the strength of insight, integration, and innovation. Its customer list includes several Federal health agencies.
About DLH Holdings Corp.
DLH Holdings Corp. (NASDAQ: DLHC) serves clients throughout the United States as a healthcare services provider to the Federal Government in health and medical logistics. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, the company was named as a Top 100 Public Company by Georgia Trend, and is a member of the National Defense Industrial Association. DLH has more than 1,250 employees working in 30 states throughout the country.
For more information, visit DLH's corporate website.
About Danya International, Inc.
Danya International is dedicated to making an impact in health and education. Danya is a leader in providing technology-enabled solutions by using innovative communications, evaluation, and technology programs. Danya is based in Silver Spring, Maryland, with an office in Atlanta, Georgia. To learn more about the company, visit www.danya.com.